- About Cocos Creator Display information about Cocos Creator.
- Hide Cocos Creator (Shortcut: H ) mac only Hide Cocos Creator window.
- Hide Others (Shortcut: Shift + H ) mac only Hide all other windows except Cocos Creator.
- Show All mac only Show all hidden windows.
- Quit (Shortcut: Ctrl/Command + Q ) Exit Cocos Creator Editor.
- Open Project... Close the Cocos Creator and open Dashboard.
- New Scene (Shortcut: Ctrl/Command + N ) Create a new scene in the current project. A game consists of one or more scenes. You'll need to create new scenes when you intend to make independent modules such as new stages, main menus, loading screens, setting screens, etc.
- Save Scene (Shortcut: Ctrl/Command + S )
Save the current editing scene.
A save file dialog will pop up if the current scene has never been saved before, in which you can determine where to save your scene file (*.fire). If the scene has been saved before, Cocos Creator will update the save file directly.
It is suggested to place all scene files in a particular directory for management, for example assets/scenes.
- Build Settings Set the project build parameters. Building is a critical step in the deployment process. Cocos Creator will pack and optimize your game files during the building process, in order for it to be deployed on various platforms quickly, safely and correctly. Through the Build Settings, you can fine tune the parameters for certain needs, as well as preview your game before deployment. You will find more information about Build Settings in the [Tool Windows](#tool-windows] section.
- Undo (Shortcut: Z ) Undo the last operation.
- Redo (Shortcut: Shift + Z ) Redo the most recently undone operation.
- Cut (Shortcut: X ) Cut the selected Entity into the clipboard.
- Copy (Shortcut: C ) Copy the selected Entity into the clipboard.
- Paste (Shortcut: V ) Paste the Entity from the clipboard into the current scene.
- Select All (Shortcut: A ) Select all Entities in the current scene.
- Play (Shortcut: Ctrl/Command + P ) Play the current scene in a browser.
- Reload Connected Device (Shortcut: Shift + Ctrl/Command + P) Reload the browser tab that is playing the current scene.
- Assets (Shortcut: Ctrl/Command + 2 Open or focus the Assets panel.
- Node Tree (Shortcut: Ctrl/Command + 4 Open or focus the Hierarchy panel.
- Properties (Shortcut: Ctrl/Command + 3 Open or focus the Properties panel.
- Scene (Shortcut: Ctrl/Command + 1 Open or focus the Scene panel.
- Default Classic layout with the Assets, Properties, Node Tree, Scene and Console panels open.
- Assets A layout designed for asset and data extension developers, with the Assets, Properties, AssetDB Debugger and Console panels open.
- Reload (Shortcut: Ctrl/Command + R ) Reload the Cocos Creator Editor.
- Compile (Shortcut: F7 ) Recompile all scripts in the current scene.
- Developer Tools (Shortcut: Alt + Ctrl/Command + I ) Open the Developer Tools window. Various useful and powerful features are provided in Developer Tools for analyzing, debugging and tracing, which are essential for game script developers.
- Run Test Run unit tests.
- Website Visit the official website of Cocos Creator for more information.
- Documentation Visit the documentation site of Cocos Creator for engine manuals and scripting API references.
- Forum Visit the forum of Cocos Creator to share ideas with other users and developers.
- Submit An Issue On Github Submit an issue in the Cocos Creator Github repository. You can let us know at any time by submitting issues if you encounter bugs or have good ideas for the Cocos Creator . Our team is enthusiastic to hear your ideas and will reply to you as soon as possible.
- Subscribe To Newsletter Subscribe to the Cocos Creator newsletter for the latest news and updates.
Continue on to read about Asset workflow.