Cocos2d-x expands support to Windows 8 Metro
I’m proud to announce that, cocos2d family expands to the an important platform: Windows 8 Metro.
Beta release: http://cocos2d-x.googlecode.com/files/cocos2d-x0.11.0-win8-0.9.1.zip
Github repository: https://github.com/cocos2d-x/cocos2dx-win8
Inheriting the open source spirit from cocos2d, this branch is also open & free under MIT License.
- Write Codes in C++, the same framework enables you to port your existing games from Cocos2d-X to Windows 8 easily.
- Utilises DirectX 11 instead of OpenGL ES 1.1 for rendering. You don't need to know the complexity between these 2 rendering tech.
- Installation and first run: How to create a new project for windows8 metro
- SimpleGame: http://github.com/lihex/SimpleGameCocos2dxWin8
TBD¶The Cocos2dx-win8 completion is already very high,but features below are semi-finished or TBD in the next version:
- Rendering layer optimization
Cocos2dx-win8 branch will keep update and sync the translation with cocos2d-iphone & cocos2d-x monthly. Any feedbacks, suggestions, bug reports would be appreciated, please post them into our forum. We’ll create bug tracking from posts. If you release games based on this branch, please let me know.
Hello Windows 8