It's been a while since I met with Cocos2d-x library and honestly developing games using Cocos2d-x is quite fun. Easy to develop and great cross platform experience.
Since PokeIn FREE edition started to offer 300 Concurrent (IOS, Android) users for free per server, I developed a sample project (including server, Android and IOS) for all Cocos-2dx developers.
Cocos2d-X By Example Beginner's Guide¶
A brand new guide to get you up and running with Cocos2d-x is now available.
Have an amazing idea for a game but don't know where to start?
This comprehensive guide allows you to build your own cross platform games using all the benefits of a time tested framework, plus the elegance and simplicity of C++.
Throughout the book you will build six very different games that will take you from penny farthing racing to outer space.
Get to grips with Cocos2D-X using step-by-step examples which will not only be fun to play but fun to build.
Roger Engelbert will have you smiling throughout and learning valuable information at every turn.
Work through easy-to-follow examples and learn exactly what you need to know to make your games a reality.
Buy it now from: http://www.packtpub.com/cocos2d-x-by-example/book
Thanks to James Gregory from Zynga, Emscriptenate port has been added into cocos2d-x. With Emscriptenate port, you can bring your existing games written in c++ to web. More detail information please refer to this document.
We are happy to announce to release the next major version release of EziSocial Plugin. Version 1.1
Here is the list of new features that EziSocial supports now in addition to other features :-
- Get user profile picture (square, small, normal, large, custom size)
- Get user's friends profile picture (square, small, normal, large, custom size)
- Save profile pic to the disk and reuse it in future or force to download it again.
- Build TableView of friends list - see EziSocialDemo for example code
- Send three types of request to user's friends: Invite, Gift and Challenge
- Receive three types of request from user's friends: Invite, Gift and Challenge
- Add custom data set for each type of request - send gold coins, a new life etc. to friends
- Added new function - getFriends with filters like: Friends playing your game, Friends not playing your game and All friends
- GetFriends also supports startIndex and limit on the result set.
- Frictionless support - avoid annoying dialogs while sending requests to user friends
- Get user email ID along with the other user details - optional
- Check facebook session status anytime during game is running.
- iOS Plugin library is updated to Facebook SDK v3.5.1 (latest)
Source code for plugin, demo app and starter kit are updated on github
EziSocial Plugin - Plugin Library and Source Code
EziSocialDemo - A sample application that demonstrates the features of EziSocial Plugin + Source code
EziSocial Starter Kit - A Starter kit if you are using plugin first time or creating new game.
Tutorials - Visit http://ezibyte.com for tutorials.
Sending Gifts Example - can be easily modified into invite or challenge request
Friends Scrollable List Example
We are happy to announce the fourth coordinated release of the cocos2d family. We are releasing:
- cocos2d-x v2.1rc0-x-2.1.3
- cocos2d-html5 v2.1.3
- cocos2d-iphone v2.1-rc2
- CocosBuilder v3.0-alpha4
Our goal is to provide a complete toolchain for developing multi-platform games both for Web and Mobile, all the way from rapid prototyping to a finished high performing game.
- Added support for Spine skeleton animation editor
- uses LuaJIT
- CocosPlayer supports iOS
- add kResolutionFixedHeight and kResolutionFixedWidth resolution policy
- updated to SpiderMonkey v20.0
- add many Lua test cases
- plugin-x released
Read more about all the new features at cocos2d-x v2.1.3 release notes.
- CCEditbox now implemented for WebGL and JSB
- Updated CCBReader to latest version
- Improved performance Firefox by about 20%
- Added render mode flag to switch between WebGL and canvas2d
- Added support for Tizen
- Now able to load embedded texture file in a plist
- EGLView now works if canvas is placed inside another DOM element
- Added a Simulator which can be found in MoonWarriors Directory
The work in progress development branch will now be "develop", while "master" branch will only hold the latest stable release. Please send all pull requests to the "develop" branch from now on.
Read more about all the new features at Cocos2d-html5 v2.1.3 release notes.
- Bug fixes in many components: CCParticleSystem, DrawingPrimitives, Layer, MenuItem, ProgressActions, TMXMaps and more.
- Includes JS remote Debugger (disabled by default)
- Updated 3rd party libraries: SpiderMonkey 20.0, JS Bindings 0.7,
Read more about all the new features at cocos2d-iphone v2.1 release notes.
This is the fourth release of CocosBuilder 3 alpha. If you are using cocos2d-js, make sure that you also update to the latest version of CocosPlayer and check CocosPlayer's README.md file for information on how to enable the new JS debugger. Please make a backup of all your project files before updating as CocosBuilder is still in alpha state.
- Visual debugger for cocos2d-js projects, works with the version of CocosPlayer included with the source code More info here
- Smart sprite sheets now support different formats for iOS, Android and Web
- Publish and run in browser (for cocos2d-js projects)
- Publisher will ask to save files before publishing
- Many smaller enhancements and bug fixes
EziSocial is a powerful social networking plugin designed by www.ezibyte.com for Cocos2D-X platform to meet the social networking capabilities required in a game. The tool is written in Java, Objective-C and C++. EziSocial plugin uses common development code for both Android and iOS Cocos2D-x project. So, there is no duplicity of code and you need not to worry about portability issue at all.
We have made it like plug and play plugin. Just configure your Facebook App on Facebook, add Facebook library (preloaded in started kit), add Facebook App ID in StarterKit and there you go on. You game is ready with Social Networking capabilities.
EziSocial is developed on top of Cocos2d-x platform. Base version are supported as supported by Cocos2d-x except for iOS.
Android – v2.2 and above
iOS – v5.0 and above (we haven’t tested over lower versions)
EziSocial Plugin supports many features of Facebook and allows users to tweet, check network connectivity and to send preconfigured emails.
- Login via Facebook
- Logout from Facebook
- Get user details
- Open Facebook Page
- Auto check Facebook likt to your page, when user come back to your game from your page.
- Check Facebook like to your page anytime during the time app is running.
- Get the list of friends of the user who are playing your game
- Post message on the user’s timeline.
- Auto post message or achievement on user’s timeline without notifying him.
- Post Score – uses advance feature of Facebook Score Graph API. All scores are stored online at Facebook.com as per Facebook.
- Get high scores – fetch the scores of the friends of the user playing same game in unsorted order. You can sort it at your end.
- Tweet - Uses native twitter client of the device to tweet message on the user’s timeline.
- Internet Connection - allows you to check the internet connection anytime in the game. It also gives option to you to check that if a particular website is reachable or not.
- Email - Allows you to preconfigure the mail and allows game users to send the mail to you or to their friends.
Plugin tutorials are available at http://www.ezibyte.com
We are open to suggestions/bugs/improvements. You can write to us at here or our facebook page or on twitter handle. We are going to add more functionalities to this plugin in near future.
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/ezibyte
Twitter Handle: @ezibyte
As the reason said in bellow news, hot fix for v2.1.2 is released.
You can download it here.
You can find the modification in this pull request.
We apologize for this critical bug in the latest v2.1.2.
Since 2.1.2, the implementation of CCUserDefault has been changed on both Android and iOS. Now it uses SharedPreferences and NSUserDefaults to store default values. As the result,
If you update your engine to 2.1.2, it will lost previous values stored by CCUserDefault.
If you use CCUserDefault in your project, and update cocos2d-x to 2.1.2, please keep attention of this modification.
We are sorry about this potential bug and will release a hot fix version soon.
Also available in: Atom