wiki of cocos2d-x¶
1. cocos2d-x project¶
- cocos2d-x open source project is designed to be a cross-platform 2D game engine in C++. It runs on OpenGL ES 1.1, for building 2D games, demos, and other graphical/interactive mobile applications.
- This project is based on the famous "cocos2d-iphone" project, and will keep the primary features synchro to it.
- Uphone is a mobile platform customized by the 2nd-largest Chinese wireless carrier China Unicom ( NYSE: CHU ). This operating system is based on Linux, providing C/C++ APIs.
- cocos2d-x project is found by the contractor of Uphone, so cocos2d-uphone is the first subproejct.
3. Tech Documents¶
- Folder Structure
- Rules of translating objc to cpp
- Logo design of cocos2d-x
- Codeing Style: Please Reference to the Google CPP StyleGuide Here's a zhCN version: Google CPP StyleGuide in zhCN
- following to the advice from Ricardo Quesada, the chief author of cocos2d-iphone, this cocos2d-x project is under the MIT License , inherited from cocos2d-iphone.
- In one word, the source can modify and publish freely. Both commerial &
5. Get the soure code¶
- Stable version: we will pack the source code of stable versions, and publish at the Files
- Last code: our svn repository: http://svn.cocos2d-x.org/cocos2dx/trunk , anonymous
NOTE: You need to install uPhone SDK before you build the source code. The uPhone SDK is unstable and only release to partner now. It will completely release soon at Oct.2010
- Aug 27, 2010: Particle System
- Aug 27, 2010: Transitions, EaseActions, ProgressActins, ClickAndMove, RotateWorld, MotionStreak
- Aug 17, 2010: Action Test
- Aug 3, 2010: Draw Texture