- cocos2d-x is a multi-platform, light weight & developer-friendly C++ 2D mobile game engine, open source and released under MIT License. It is a child branch of the famous "cocos2d-iphone" project, and will keep the primary features sync with it.
- The "X" in cocos2d-x means:
- means C++. Sometimes we write .cpp postfix as .cxx. So "X" means the project is written by C++, and offer C++ APIs
- means CROSS. The goal of this open project is to cross multi mobile platforms
OVERVIEW & REFERENCES¶
- all platforms
- Tutorial: How to make a cocos2d-x simple game
- Programming Language
- Upgrade Guide:
- CHN - FAQ
- cocos2d-iphone-cpp : You can write cocos2d games in C++ for iOS now!
- cocos2d-android-ndk : run C++ games on android based on ndk! This idea is crazy, but we are makeing it to come ture.
- cocos2d-win32 : run cocos2d-x on Microsoft Windows series OS.
- cocos2d-wophone : WoPhone is a linux-based mobile platform, customized by the 2nd-largest Chinese wireless carrier China Unicom ( NYSE: CHU ).
- Stable version (Recommend)
- Edge version from our github repository:
- Open source games by community
- share some source during my study in cocos2d-x, based on cocos2d-0.99.4-x-0.7.1, win32, by @chris
- cocos2d-win32 installation & Essential source code translated from <Learn iPhone & iPad Cocos2d Game Development>, based on cocos2d-0.99.4-x-0.7.1, win32, by @supersu
SUPPORT & HELP¶
- Forum: http://forum.cocos2d-x.org/
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/cocos2dx/
- Weibo: http://weibo/cocos2dx/
- Tencent QQ Group:
- Group 1: 95115940 (full)
- Group 2: 136017252
- mail: walzer (at) cocos2d-x.org
- Folder Structure
- Interfaces of cocross
- Future Roadmap
- CHN - FAQ
- CHN - Cocos2d Architecture
- CHN - Doxygen Specifiation of cocos2d-x
- I find a bug!
- please kindly report the bug on our forum , post it on the right subforum for your mobile-platform. Details on how to reappear the bug will be helpful.
- I fixed a bug!
- please fork our repository on http://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-x/, commit your fixed code
- or you can post your fix code on the forum, we will commit it to github
- I would like to add a port to other platform!