- cocos2d-x is a multi-platform, light weight & developer-friendly C++ 2D mobile game engine, open source and released under MIT License. It is a child branch of the famous "cocos2d-iphone" project, and will keep the primary features sync with it.
- The "X" in cocos2d-x means:
- means C++. Sometimes we write .cpp postfix as .cxx. So "X" means the project is written by C++, and offer C++ APIs
- means CROSS. The goal of this open project is to cross multi mobile platforms
Please click the tag clound or "Index by title" in the sidebar to see all documents. Here are only important and frequently asked documents listed below.
- Installation & First run
- Tutorial: How to make a cocos2d-x simple game
- Upgrade Guide
- File I/O
- Programming Language
- Build and Pack
- Stable version (Recommend)
- Edge version from our github repository:
- Open source games by community
- share some source during my study in cocos2d-x, based on cocos2d-0.99.4-x-0.7.1, win32, by @chris
- cocos2d-win32 installation & Essential source code translated from <Learn iPhone & iPad Cocos2d Game Development>, based on cocos2d-0.99.4-x-0.7.1, win32, by @supersu
SUPPORT & HELP¶
- Forum: http://forum.cocos2d-x.org/
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/cocos2dx/
- Weibo: http://weibo/cocos2dx/
- Tencent QQ Group:
- Group 1: 95115940 (full)
- Group 2: 136017252 (full)
- Group 3: 158628345
- mail: walzer (at) cocos2d-x.org
- I find a bug!
- please kindly report the bug on our forum , post it on the right subforum for your mobile-platform. Details on how to reappear the bug will be helpful.
- I fixed a bug!
- please fork our repository on http://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-x/, commit your fixed code
- or you can post your fix code on the forum, we will commit it to github
- I would like to add a port to other platform!