- cocos2d-x is an open-source, C++ based, mobile 2D game engine, released under the MIT License . It aims to be multi-platform, lightweight, and developer-friendly, and is a child of the famous "cocos2d-iphone" project, doing its best to keep the primary features sync with it.
- What the "x" in cocos2d-x means:
- Sometimes, we write the .cpp file extension as .cxx. The "x" signifies that the project is written by C++, and offer C++ APIs.
- The "x" also means CROSS. The goal of this open-source project is to allow its users to create cross-platform code. Currently supported platforms are the iPhone, Android, WoPhone, and win32 platforms, but more platforms can be made available upon request. Details on how to do this are at the bottom of this page.
The following are a list of tutorials that discuss the basics of using cocos2d-x on your platform. They assume some prior knowledge about creating apps on your selected platform, and do not contain a lot of details unrelated to cocos2d-x. If you don't know anything about creating apps on your platform, you can still try reading through the tutorials, but it is highly encouraged that you learn about programming on your platform first. Finally, if you wish to see all the wikipages, simply click the tag cloud or "Index by title" in the sidebar.
- Installation & First Run
- BlackBerry Tablet OS
- cocos2d-x (iphone-android)/IDE installation and setup under mac os (by Super SuRacccon)
- How to create an iPhone and Android Cocos2d-x hybrid project (by clwoo)
- Tutorial: How to make a cocos2d-x simple game
- Upgrade Guide
- File I/O
- Programming Language
- Build and Pack
- Some of my experiences for cocos2d-x + lua (by DragonCheng)
- Stable Version (Recommend)
- Bleeding Edge Version from our github repository:
- Open Source Games by the Community
- Cocos2dxSimpleGame, it's translated from RayWenderlich's Cocos2dSimpleGame, a good tutorial for beginners.
- share some source during my study in cocos2d-x, based on cocos2d-0.99.4-x-0.7.1, win32, by @chris
- cocos2d-win32 installation & Essential source code translated from <Learn iPhone & iPad Cocos2d Game Development>, based on cocos2d-0.99.4-x-0.7.1, win32, by @supersu
SUPPORT & HELP¶
- Forum: http://forum.cocos2d-x.org/
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/cocos2dx/
- Weibo: http://weibo/cocos2dx/
- Tencent QQ Group:
- Group 1: 95115940 (full)
- Group 2: 136017252 (full)
- Group 3: 158628345
- mail: walzer (at) cocos2d-x.org
cocos2D-x is provided to you free of charge. However, if you want to contribute to the project, here's a list of things you could do to help with the development of
- If you find a bug!
- please kindly report the bug on our forum , post it on the correct subforum for your platform. Details on how to make the bug appear would be very helpful.
- If you fix a bug!
- please fork our repository on http://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-x/, and commit your fixed code
- or you can post your fix code on the forum, we will commit it to github
- I would like to add a port to another platform!