- Cocos2d-x is an open-source mobile 2D game framework, released under MIT License. It is a C++ version of cocos2d-iphone project. Our focus for cocos2d-x development is around making cocos2d cross platforms. On top of the framework provided by cocos2d-x, mobile games can be written in C++ or Lua, using API that is COMPLETELY COMPATIBLE with that of cocos2d-iphone. Cocos2d-x project can easily be built and run on iOS, Android, Samsung Bada, BlackBerry Table OS and more. Cocos2d-x also supports Windows and Linux, therefore we can debug source code easily and write editors on desktop operating systems.
- What the "x" in cocos2d-x means:
- Sometimes, we write the .cpp file extension as .cxx. The "x" signifies that the project is written by C++, and offer C++ APIs.
- The "x" also means CROSS. The goal of this open-source project is to allow its users to create cross-platform code. Currently supported platforms are the iPhone, Android, and win32 platforms, but more platforms can be made available upon request. Details on how to do this are at the bottom of this page.
We aspire to create a world-class open source project.
- Stable Version (Recommend)
- Cocos2d-x github repo:
- Cocos2d-html5 github repo:
Cocos2d-x, Cocos2d-html5 and Cocos2d-xna are provided to you free of charge. However, if you want to contribute to the project, here's a list of things you could do to help with the development
- If you find a bug!
- please kindly report the bug on our forum , post it on the correct subforum for your platform. Details on how to make the bug appear would be very helpful.
- If you fix a bug!
- please fork our repository on http://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-x/, and commit your fixed code
- or you can post your fix code on the forum, we will commit it to github
- I would like to add a port to another platform!
- Show cocos2d-x logo in your game
- We highly appreciated if you can show cocos2d-x logo in your splash screen or credit, get the logo image from Logo Resources of Cocos2d-x