Welcome to Cocos2d-X¶
Cocos2d-X is a game engine framework based on Cocos2d-iPhone, which consists of expanding supported platforms, with multiple choice of programming languages thats shares the same API structure.Programmers can choose to use their preferred language to achieve their targeted platform
- XNA port, is written in C#, focus on Windows Phone 7 and XNA.
All the branches above are released under MIT License.
With cocos2d-x framework, developers can easily create or port their games onto iOS, Android, Bada, BlackBerry Qnx, Marmalade, WindowsXP/Windows7, Linux and Windows8 Metro.
Here's a complete Tutorial for beginners.
We aspired to create the world-class open source framework.
Programming languages vs. Targeted platforms¶
"o" stands for: working
"i" stands for: supported but inactive/not merged/deprecated
"w" stands for: Work in Progress
|Mac OS X||i|
|Web Browsers||HTML5 ready platforms||o|
- C++ Programmers' Documentation Portal
- Lua Programmers' Documentation Portal
- Stable Version (Recommend)
- Cocos2d-x github repo:
- Cocos2d-html5 github repo:
Cocos2d-x, Cocos2d-html5 and Cocos2d-xna are provided to you free of charge. However, if you want to contribute to the project, here's a list of things you could do to help with the development
- How To Participate in Cocos2d-x Project
- If you find a bug!
- please kindly report the bug on our forum , post it on the correct subforum for your platform. Details on how to make the bug appear would be very helpful.
- If you fix a bug!
- please fork our repository on http://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-x/, and commit your fixed code
- or you can post your fix code on the forum, we will commit it to github
- I would like to add a port to another platform!
- Show cocos2d-x logo in your game
- We highly appreciated if you can show cocos2d-x logo in your splash screen or credit, get the logo image from Logo Resources of Cocos2d-x